In some courses, you are asked to write essays in response to topics or to questions that do not have simple answers. These essay assignments are called open response assessments (ORA) because they have a flexible design, and can include various assessment options, including peer assessments and self assessments.
In some ORA assignments, in addition to writing text responses, you can submit an image or other type of file. For information about uploading images or other files in your open response assessment, see Submit a file with an ORA response.
For more information, see the following articles:
For details on how to work with open response assessments, see:
- The steps in an ORA assignment
- How are open response assessments graded?
- Completing an ORA assignment
- Receiving your score
- How are peer assessment scores calculated?
- Why was my essay response canceled?